This is a SportingNetwork Talk. We would like to thank Stacey Copeland (Ex England Footballer and current Commonwealth Boxing Champion) for her insights and fabulous contribution.
If you would like to see the other three videos (there are 4 in total) please become a SportingNetwork member – sign up to SportingNetwork here and the content section is right there as you sign in. Use the Coupon Code SCSN£1Admin to get a lifetime membership for just an admin fee of £1. Thanks to Stacey, you are saving £48!
Questions answered in this first video:
- What was your background and pathway into sport?
- Which coaches had most impact upon you?
- What were the secrets of the most influential coach?
- Have you any advice on selecting a coach?
- Is trust the main ingredient with a coach?
- What would your coach’s view of why you are successful?
- Blane’s actual view (the coach)
- Blane – what’s the key to a coaching relationship?
We hope you find this talk really useful.
If you have ideas for further interview topics or sports people you would like to hear from – please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do…
Inside the members area:
Stacey Video 2 – Psychology of sport
- Have you ever had doubts and how do you deal with them?
- Doubts on the day? Any techniques to deal with them?
- If you had your time over again, what would you do differently?
- What key message would you give to young athletes starting out?
Stacey Video 3 – Training – what makes you special?
- What does your typical week look like?
- Where does your passion to win come from?
- What problems have you had and how have you dealt with them?
- So is the key message don’t take no for an answer?
- In the past, how have you compared to peer athletes?
- Blane (Stacey’s coach) – is it nature or nurture?
Stacey Video 4 – What is your WHY?
- What makes you different and so successful?
- What’s your why?
- Does having a bigger Why make it easier?